My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

02 March 2013

Addendum to "Sugar" Post

So, I got to thinking about what really counts as added sugar, and wondered if dairy products count. In my original post, I was concerned about how much sugar was in milk ... then realized that it could be naturally occurring, meaning it wouldn't count toward a daily count of "added sugar." And I was right! I came across a couple good articles, but here's a short one from "the nutrition diva" that explains things clearly, what is and isn't added sugar.

So, once again, if the sugar is naturally occurring, like in fruit and dairy products, it does NOT count toward your daily added sugar intake. Yay!

No comments: