My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

08 August 2011

I give up

Begin rant: Despite weeks and weeks and weeks of following the Weight Watchers guidelines and working out 4-5 times a week (twice a week at 5 a.m.!), I have only lost 1 pound in over a month. ONE POUND!!! If you've ever attempted a large weight loss, you know how frustrating this can be. I count every cracker, measure every serving, weigh every piece of meat, skip the sodas and dessert and fries and juice ... log everything in on weightwatchers.com (an excellent plan and website, by the way, in case you're interested). I added the 5 a.m. workouts so I could get in my cardio for the week. I am diligent, and so far have stuck to the rules.


Since I first began this quest for pre-Josephine body weight, I have lost 16 pounds. And there's something to be said for that. I'm even a couple pounds below the lowest weight I ever reached between having Josephine and getting pregnant with Eleanor. But I still have 41 pounds to go! And, for the amount of time I've put in and work I've done, (which is something, considering everything ELSE on my plate), by my and Weight Watchers' calculations, I should have lost twice that! I could achieve these results by eating pizza and ice cream and watching TV 12 hours a day! Excuse my french, but what the H-E-L-L else am I supposed to do?!?!

I really don't even mind how much work it is. Its not that hard to count crackers and weigh meat and skip dessert when you're focused, which I am. And yes, I'm enjoying the healthier lifestyle and how I feel and all that. That is the ultimate long-term goal. I could just use a little more encouragement from the scale. I'm aiming to reach my goal weight by the end of this year. But at this rate, I'll be lucky to reach it by the end of the century! And today, its infuriating.

End rant. For now.