My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

07 September 2009

vacation in la habra

Last week Caleb and three of his friends went on a 7-day backpack through the Sierras. So, I decided to take a vacation myself, and spent the week up at my parents' house in La Habra. Josephine, Lucy and I had a wonderful time, despite the 100-degree weather. We just took ourselves out to air conditioned places like Borders and the yogurt shop during the hottest part of the day. Not being at one's own home gives one leisure to sit and knit instead of do laundry, or take a nap instead of clean the kitchen. And, to top it off, my mom was kind enough to fix most meals for us ... so it was basically like staying in a bed and breakfast, even if it was just up the street from our own home. Thanks for the break Mom! (Oh, and Caleb made it home safe and sound on Friday night, having had a wonderful time himself. Check out his blog in the coming days for pictures and stories.)

Lucy beat the heat laying on the tile floor. She also had a great time roaming around the back yard and playing with Morris, my parents' cat who is as big as she is.


Josie was the only one lucky enough to beat the heat by wearing nothing but a diaper. She did great, despite the heat and a growth spurt (meaning she needed to eat every two hours for two days). She even gave me her first 10-hour night's sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for 10-hour sleeps! Soon it will become the norm rather than the exception. Don't let Josie grow any more until we see her again!

Love,
Mom Dub