My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

06 January 2008

New Year's Resolution #3

Part I: This is the last year anything weight-related will be on this list.

Part II: First, I will remember that life doesn't start 20 pounds from now, it starts today. I am who I am today, and who I am today is OK.

Part III: With that in mind, I will endeavor to lose the last 20 pounds attached to my original goal of reaching my driver's license weight.

Part IV: After this weight is gone, I will no longer fret or worry over it, I will be happy as I am, the way God made me, healthy once again, at an appropriate weight for me. As I pursue weight loss, I will continue to weave healthier living with exercise and diet into my daily life. My ultimate goal is health, not unrealistic supermodel sizes.

Part V: Next year, and every year after that, the only new year's resolution related to this topic will be to continue to recognize that I am exactly as God made me, and with that I can be happy and content.