My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

03 December 2007

Christmas Music, part 4

Josh Groban finally did what everyone wanted him to, and released his first Christmas album this year. I knew it would be good because his rendition of "O Holy Night" is my absolute favorite version of all time. His voice, the instrumental arrangement, the way it builds until he's soaring at the farther reaches of his voice ... it makes me want to close my eyes, bask in the sun, and drink it in. (What can I say? I'm a romantic, and a bit of a sap apparently.)

This album fulfilled all my greatest hopes for a Christmas album from Josh. Unfortunately, the album does not have "O Holy Night" on it, my only critique. (It can be purchased on iTunes, however, by itself.) However, his versions of "Silent Night," "Angels We Have Heard on High," "What Child is This," and "O Come All Ye Faithful" really make up for it. Just because his voice is so amazing, he makes them all sound new. Josh also does my absolute favorite version of "Little Drummer Boy." Faith Hill joins him for "The First Noel" and what they create is powerful and beautiful.
Again, whatever Josh sings is amazing. He surrounds himself with quality musicians, both singers and wielders of instruments both familiar and unique. Whatever he creates is always of the highest quality, making even the songs in French a joy to listen to. Obviously, I highly recommend this album be added to your Christmas music repertoire.

No comments: