My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

02 December 2007

Christmas music, part 3

Caleb and I had the opportunity to attend a Jars of Clay concert back in October at which they debuted their first Christmas album, "Christmas Songs." They performed about 5 songs from the new album, and even had it on sale there, a week before its actual release. We didn't buy it at the concert, but I did go online and pre-order it that night.

If you're a Jars of Clay fan already, you will definitely enjoy their first foray into the world of Christmas albums. They have a generally mellow sound, blending a lot of folk-type music with rock and jazz. They cover a few classics, including "Drummer Boy," "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem," "God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen." Otherwise, most of the tracks are original.


One of my favorite songs from this album is "Hibernation Day," a ballad that truly sings my own heart's desire about staying in on cold days with nothing to do but drink hot chocolate and be with the one you love. It was that song I heard at the concert which convinced me I needed this album.
Another of their best original songs is "Peace is Here," speaking of the peace Jesus brought when he came to us so many years ago. They also wrote "The Gift of St. Cecilia" and "Evergreen."

If you're looking for something truly unique and original, this is a great option. If you come out only liking "Hibernation Day," you've done well enough.

No comments: