My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

27 September 2007

poll results

Well, the results are in, and the official winner of the "Favorite Cheesy Action Show from the 80s" poll is none other than my own favorite: MacGyver! He won with an overwhelming 58% of the votes! (It probably helped that I stacked the votes a little.) When I was younger my room was directly down the hall from the TV, and I could watch TV from my bed. MacGyver was usually on after Monday Night Football, and therefore past my bedtime. However, sometimes I would succeed in being able to keep my door open and watch it from bed, when my parents thought I was asleep! I know, I was sneaky. Although, as I've gotten older I've realized that I think they knew all the time. Sometimes they'd bother to make me close my door and sleep, and sometimes they were feeling benevolent (or too tired to care), and just let me stay up and watch.

It makes sense that he would win. Not only did he have the coolest mullet ever, but he drove a different very cool car every season, and was always changing up his way-cool jacket choices. There were the bomber jacket early years, and then the very cool leather motorcycle jacket as the show moved into the 90s. And, one of the main advantages he had over the other Cheesy Action Show choices, he showed us all the clever non-violent ways to get out of those oh-so-common sticky situations with just a sock, a stick of gum, duct tape and a swiss army knife.
Honestly, who doesn't love MacGyver?


Seriously, check out that mullet! And this was from the way-cool motorcycle jacket days. Ah, I miss classic television.

No comments: