My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

25 September 2007

the glamor of Chuck Norris

On Tuesday and Thursday mornings, Caleb and I do our cardio workout at the gym. The cardio machines are all upstairs, with the TVs. And most days, we get eliptical machines in front of the TV airing episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger, which stars Chuck Norris, as you may know. In fact, I'm willing to admit that I actually hope the eliptical in front of the Walker TV is free. Walker keeps me well distracted from the pain I'm pushing my body through. Though I never get to see how these shows end, I fully enjoy the 20 minutes I get to spend with Walker and his crime-fighting pals in the wee hours of the morning.

This week I got an email from my friend Steve (an old friend from college), whose friend Maj. Eric Thompson recently got to meet Chuck Norris. I don't know where Maj. Thompson is stationed at the moment, or where he got to meet Chuck. It looks like they were on a ship. Anyway, just look at Chuck? Doesn't he seem like a great guy? I'm thinking that Chuck Norris and Ranger Walker are actually very much one and the same person, really good guys out to see that justice is served, the innocent are protected, and the evil are punished.

For entertainment's sake, check out this great Chuck Norris website.

Chuck Norris and Maj. Eric Thompson.


Chuck Norris and two marines.

I think we all need to take a moment and be truly grateful for our men in uniform, too. Their sacrifice on behalf of our safety should not be taken lightly. Semper Fi!

No comments: