My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

17 November 2013

the stats

Just a few statistics about my cancer. I find it interesting, so I thought you might too.


About 1 in 8 women living in America will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their life time (12%). [source] 

The average risk of a woman being diagnosed before age 40 is less than 1% (about 1 in 227). [source]

Approximately 15-20% of breast cancer diagnoses are Triple Negative, like mine. African American women are 3 times more likely to get TNBC than Caucasian or Hispanic women. [source]

Since I'm on a streak with small probabilities, I've decided to start playing the lottery.

No comments: