My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

20 December 2010

sometimes you just want pizza

So I cooked an entire frozen pizza for myself for lunch today. Don't worry, I didn't eat the whole thing (though I think I should be allowed, since I won't get to eat or drink anything at all tomorrow). Man, did it taste good! That Digiornio company sure knows their frozen pizza business.

So today I had my pre-op appointment for tomorrow's c-section. I'd like to say the whole thing is becoming more real, but it isn't. And it probably won't until I'm actually checking into the hospital tomorrow and they start hooking me up to IVs and anesthesia and they wheel me into the OR ... and when I get to hear our little girl's cry for the first time. It IS pretty exciting, isn't it?? At Target today I couldn't help but buy two more little sleepers for Ella ... and a blanket that was on clearance ... and I got another package of diapers for her. We are set!

I might be as excited to not be pregnant anymore as I am to meet our little girl. I am so over numb fingers, having to pee every 30 minutes, waddling, heartburn, and uncomfortable sleep. I know I know, having a baby is just going to mean different things to complain about ... but at least I'll be able to get 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep! I'm actually pretty excited about that.

If you're in the area, please feel free to visit ... but we ask politely if you could wait until Thursday or Friday. We'll be at St. Jude in Fullerton.

We'll post pictures as soon as we can.

1 comment:

Robin Reed said...

Have a very happy Birth-day! :)