My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

21 December 2010

a look back

I was going through all my pictures for the year and realized just what a big year it's been. So I thought I'd share a few pictures from 2010 ... before pictures of the newest addition to the Weston clan take over. (Its 11:17 a.m. We head to the hospital for Ella's delivery around 2:30. Wahoo!)

JANUARY

We put the condo up for sale and moved in with my parents. It sold and we closed escrow on June 30 this year. We are so grateful that everything went through and that we had a place to go while we stabilized. Now Caleb is working steadily (for a full 3 months now!) and we're going to be moving to our own place in March. My, how things can change in a year!

Josephine. 7 months.

Josephine's cousins Aurora and Dominic are born January 23. Her Aunt Christie and Uncle Lucas add one more set of twins to their family!

FEBRUARY

Valentine's Day.

I made my first quilt!

We celebrated Mom's 60th birthday in style ... with miniature golf!

Josephine, 8 months.

MARCH

A trip to the Getty gets Josephine super excited.

Josie's first camping trip ... to Death Valley. Though we had to leave a day earlier than planned on account of wind, the trip went really well!


MAY

Mom, Dad, Amy, Josephine and I flew up to Washington to visit with David and Rachel for a while. What a great time with them! (Except Josephine, who spent two days sick.)

Josie's first, and much-needed, hair cut.

Easter with the Weston cousins ... a picture of what's to come?


Josephine meets Gerschwin.

JUNE

Her first birthday. She didn't eat her cupcake and actually cried through the whole experience.


Cousin Henry is born June 7, and Aunt Julie and Uncle Jon add one more to their fold.

Morris the cat disappears. So sad.

Josephine takes her first round of swimming lessons. She loved it!

JULY

Josie does her best Lilo impression.

AUGUST

In August my friend Kimberly got married. Such an awesome blessing for her!

SEPTEMBER
We went camping in the Redwoods in September for 2 weeks. It was so great!

Josephine had so many places to run around and climb.

Mom, Dad, Jon, Julie, Maddie, Henry, Rachel and David joined us as well.

While on vacation, Caleb got the call from Rose Publishing offering him a full-time position as their web developer and online advertising guru. He's been there three months now and is fully enjoying the job and the stability it brings. God is so good!

OCTOBER


NOVEMBER

November 5-6 I ran my first-ever Christmas boutique. It was quite the success, and I can't wait to do it again next year!


DECEMBER

December 1 was my last day of work at Newcastle Financial Advisors. I worked there 4 1/2 years. Though I am excited at the prospect of full-time mommyhood, the job at Newcastle was very good to me and I feel extremely blessed to have had as much time there as I did.


The only thing missing from this year are the pictures of Eleanor .... coming tonight!

1 comment:

Amy Louise Stokke said...

Great retrospective Heidi! Can't wait to see what next year brings!