My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

18 October 2010

My SIL is amazing!!

My sister-in-law Julie gave birth to a handsome baby boy on June 7 of this year. And yesterday, just a little over four months later, she did her first-ever mini-triathlon!! Three months ago she didn't even know how to swim, and yesterday she swam half a mile in the ocean (not to mention rode 12 miles on a bike and ran a 5K)! The woman is amazing, and I am so inspired. I don't think I'll be doing any triathlons next summer (or anything that ends in -thlon, for that matter), but she has inspired me that no matter where you are in life, you can do anything you put your mind to! (Well, and that your friends rope you in to.) Congratulations Julie!! Here's a pic of her and 4-month-old Henry after the race.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Julie congrats from us! That is amazing.

Pam