If you know me at all you know how much I love all things knitting and crocheting, including yummy yarns and fancy needles. I've actually been quite busy with various projects lately. And, I recently had the opportunity to stop into my favorite LYS (Local Yarn Store) while up in Thousand Oaks over Easter weekend. I found some great deals on some super yummy yarn. Here's pics of what's been happening in Heidi's Happy Place.
Malabrigo worsted weight, 100% wool yarn. Olive green. And 40% off! I'm thinking ... baby sweater?
Malabrigo chunky weight, 100% wool yarn. Pollen (aka yellow). And 40% off. I'd been considering buying some of this at full price online, but decided to wait until I could check out the yarn store ... I'm so glad I waited! I already have the perfect hat in mind.
Araucania 100% cotton. The hat I made for Chamberlyn a while back looked so cute on Josephine, I wanted to make her one too. So I got this yarn for that explicit purpose.
This sweater was knit in 100% wool bulky yarn (perfect for Spring in California, I know). Because of the weight of the yarn, it knit up fairly quickly. Since this picture I've added two buttons for closure, but otherwise, this is the finished product. What I'm most proud of is how it came out to the exact right size! All that math and calculating paid off!
The lovely cable detail on the back (above) and front (below).
I know I recently posted pics of this hat, but since it was finished around the time the rest of this was, I thought it deserved to be posted here again. Besides, its just so cute! This is the hat I want to make again for Josephine, in the pink Araucania yarn above.
I knit this sweater some time back, as a pullover. When it was finished, I didn't care for how it looked on me. So, I decided it needed to become a cardigan. I attempted a technique I've been wanting to try called steeking. I reinforced two rows down the front, on either side of where I wanted to cut and then put on button bands, and then I cut the sweater ... right down the front! It was a bit nerve-wracking, to tell you the truth. But it worked out! The finished sweater is still a little bit big, and my reinforcing actually stretched out the front a little bit, but all in all, I'm pleased with the finished product. I need to put buttons on the button bands and then I'll take FO pics. For now, I'm so excited I tried something new, and it worked!