My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

01 April 2010

a new hat

My cousin Darcy had a baby (her fourth!) a couple weeks ago, and in honor I decided she (Chamberlyn Shay, 6 lbs 9 oz, 19 inches long) needed a new hat. Doesn't every baby need a new hat? I scoured my books for something suitable (translation: I could finish in a day), and found this oh-so-cute number. I had great soft cashmerino yarn in my stash and an excuse to go buy some gauzy ribbon. I finished the hat just a couple hours before the shower: Mission Accomplished! I had Josephine model it before I gave it away.

I had to add a green stripe because I didn't have quite enough ivory yarn. But I think the green actually turned out quite cute!

I just LOVE the ribbon detail in this hat.

I cast on and knit 240 stitches, and then did a row of k3tog to get the cute ruffle around the edge.

After the photo shoot, I decided I'm going to have make one for Josephine, too.

No comments: