My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

06 February 2010

a day at the getty

On Thursday, Caleb and I took Josephine to see the new Rembrandt exhibit at the Getty Center. She enjoyed it so much she yelled at every painting she got to see. We had to make a quiet and quick exit for her to eat ... and then she fell asleep in the stroller! ... so we went back to the exhibit, this time without announcing our presence to everyone else visiting the museum.

We spent almost as much time at the museum as we did on the freeway getting TO the museum. But it was truly an enjoyable and relaxing family outing.

We arrived at the museum around noon, and started with our picnic lunch. Caleb had packed sandwiches, apples and sparkling cider. It was a lovely lunch.


Take me to see Rembrandt NOW!

2 comments:

km said...

I can't believe I still haven't been there.

Robin R said...

I love the Getty. I will always remember taking my 4 kids there when Ben was a baby. The security guards very quietly, and with great subtlety, followed us into every room we entered; no doubt terrified that one of the kids was going to touch something. It was hilarious :)