My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

21 August 2009

this and that

My friend Chrissy visited the other day, and got to meet Josie for the first time. Chrissy is one of my dearest friends. We served together for several years in East Asia. Just 8 months ago she moved back to Southern California (even though her family is in St. Louis), and we're having a chance to reconnect. Aren't dear old friends the best?

Not long ago Chrissy learned how to crochet, and she crocheted these little booties for Josie. So cute!

Caleb's sister-in-law Christie has QUITE the green thumb, and grew these squashes herself! I am always impressed by how her vegetable garden flourishes. She's grown so many that she can hardly give enough away. Aren't they pretty? I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet ... but I'm inclined just to shellac 'em and use them as table decor.

After two months being too tired to do much more than watch TV in my free time, I'm finally knitting again! I've started this project for Josie, a duffle coat. This is as far as I've gotten. I still have to finish the hood and knit the sleeves. I'll post finished pics when I have them!

Josie is getting too long to sleep comfortably in the swing completely swaddled ... so now I wrap her up with her feet sticking out. She has the cutest feet of anyone I know!

No comments: