My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

01 July 2009

feels like a Saturday

I realize I only alluded to this in my last post, but yesterday was indeed Caleb's last day of work. He worked at MDA for nearly ten years, and the company was good to him over the years. But the economy is what it is, and now, just like that, its over. And so, with Caleb home today, it feels a bit like the weekend already. Looks like our whole summer might feel like one long weekend ....

That means that today begins a new chapter in the lives of the Weston family. Currently we are both wards of the state: I'm on state disability, Caleb's on unemployment. And as for what this new chapter will hold ... only time will tell, and only God knows. The fortunate thing is that God is good, his love and care for us is steadfast, and we firmly trust that the near future is in His most capable hands.

While we search for more income and navigate our current state of uncertainty, I'm actually really looking forward to the coming weeks. It'll be fun to have Caleb at home. We can go to the museum on a Wednesday, eat breakfast together at 9 a.m., not worry about having to be up early the next morning or at work on a Monday. Even while we try not to panic too much about finances and finding work, we're excited about spending some time together as a family this summer.

That being said, please be praying along with us for Caleb's job search ... that he would find something amazing, and that we would continue to trust wholly in God's goodness.

2 comments:

km said...

There are definitely emotional swings in the job search. Somedays you feel so confident in God...and somedays there's worry. But...I wouldn't trade the 12 weeks Mike was home. One of our highlights was a free trip to the aquarium. Enjoy your time. I'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!