My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

27 March 2009

this and that

There's so much to share these days, I hardly know where to start. So I'm going to start with all the little random things and pictures I just found on my camera. Each of these pictures has its own story, which I'll share below the picture. And then stay tuned for future posts on the progress of the baby's room and a recent development with Caleb's job. Life is sure remaining interesting, that's for sure ...

Lucy. As I was taking updated photos in the baby's room she kept cocking her head every time the camera beeped as it focused. I think its so funny how inquisitive she can look. She's really trying to figure out what that noise is. If only she would be just as quietly inquisitive about ALL noises she hears.

This lampshade is my inspiration. I bought it at IKEA for the baby's room ... and its perfect! I'm hoping to paint some similar flowers and bugs and birds on the walls of the room (well, I'm hoping my mom and husband, who are artistic, will paint some similar flowers and bugs and birds on the walls ...) More to come on all that later! But I wanted to show off the lampshade because its SO CUTE!

While Caleb was gone for two weeks in Liberia, I was taking care of house and home and dog alone ... and SICK! For the whole TWO WEEKS! It was so unfair. My friend Chrissy caught wind of the situation and one day when I came home from work these beautiful flowers were hanging from my front door handle. They absolutely MADE my day. I took this picture a week after I put them in water, and they're still beautiful! Thanks again Chrissy!!

So I've started a particularly ambitious knitting project for a friend (who at this time will remain nameless). And yes, it involves ALL of these yarns. At first I was sure I was in over my head, but as I've started actually knitting I think its going to be just the right challenge. Of course, it will be hugely time intensive, and I hope I've given myself enough time to finish the project.

This is my niece, Madeleine. She and her parents (my brother Jon and his wife Julie) were up here two weeks ago to help me hang shelves in Caleb's "office." While they were here Julie had Maddie try on a bunch of the baby hats I haven't sold yet. This one was a little big, but so cute!

No comments: