My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

20 March 2009

almost home

The Liberia team is in transit once again, on their way home. I am SO ready to have Caleb home, where he belongs. In the last email I got from him he sounded pretty ready to come home, too. And to eat something other than rice. I anticipate a stop at In 'N Out on our way back from the airport tomorrow night.

They left Yekepa Thursday morning for the long drive over pothole-ridden roads to Monrovia, the capital of Liberia. They were going to spend the afternoon shopping and seeing Monrovia a little bit. This morning (or this afternoon, not sure exactly when) they left Monrovia for Brussels, then a long layover, then on to D.C., then another layover, and finally on to L.A. Their flight is scheduled to land tomorrow evening around 7:20. Hopefully there are no major mishaps and they will arrive on time.

Both Caleb and my dad have to go back to work on Monday morning, so you can pray for an overwhelming restful 36 hours between when that plane lands and Monday morning. They're going to need it. I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures. And Caleb took a lot of video, it sounds like, including the dedication of the library, in my grandmother's honor. I look forward to crying through that.

So my two weeks home alone is almost over. YAY! I'll be blogging soon about all I've been up to since Caleb left. I didn't want him checking my blog while he was in Africa, because a few things I worked on are a surprise. More to come!

No comments: