My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

01 September 2008

Welcome to the world, Madeleine

She's here! After more than 48 hours of labor, and seven full hours of actual pushing, my new niece has made her entrance into the world! (Its true about the labor and the pushing ... Julie has become a celebrity in the hospital after her monumental effort, even breaking hospital records, and all accomplished completely without the aid of pain killers ... she's amazing!)

At 19 1/2 inches and 6 1/2 pounds, Madeleine entered the world at 2:09 p.m. on August 31, the cutest baby girl I've ever seen, of course. Caleb and I made the trek to San Diego today to visit ... here are a few pictures. There will be many more to come, you can count on that!

Me with Madeleine (seen between the new Grandpa and Grandma Hammer.)

Me with Madeleine.

Me and Julie. Julie had a few more gifts to open. Besides being a little anemic, sore and somewhat tired, she's feeling and doing great!

Madeleine in Grandpa's arms clutching Grandma's finger.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Congratulations Auntie! She really is the prettiest baby I've seen in a while! =0)