My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

08 June 2008

Sunday morning progress report

Its 8:47 a.m. On Sunday. Normally, I would still be asleep at this hour on a Sunday morning. But a neighbor was kind enough to play their music just loud enough for the constant beat of the bass to slowly but rhythmically pull me out of my happy sleep ... and then force me from the bedroom so I wouldn't have to listen anymore. Caleb has already been up for a couple hours, so we convened on the couch, him to his video game and me to my breakfast (and inspecting my latest crochet project, wondering if the border holes are big enough for the ribbon I bought). Anyway, since I'm here, I figured I'd see how far I've gotten on my weekend goals.

1. Clean out the downstairs closet. Check.
2. Thoroughly purge closets of unused clothing items, purses, shoes, socks, books, etc. Check.
2a. Collect all these items in boxes and bags and take to Salvation Army. Check (although some went to my sister, and the rest went to the Good Will).
3. Reorganize upstairs closet. Check (even got a few more boxes for Caleb's tools).
4. Finish all the laundry. Mostly done.
5. Take a long walk (continued preparation for our upcoming backpacking trips). Check. And now today I'm a little sore.
6. Work on unfinished knitting and crochet projects. Check (and almost finished with my current crochet project).
7. On that note, reorganize the yarn/patterns/hooks & needles mess. This is the one thing I have not yet tackled.
8. Take a break from the cleaning and organizing to shower and go out to eat with my husband. We didn't go out, but we did finally shower and get clean.
9. Take in the Angels game. Check (They won 5-3!)
10. Vacuum. Half Check (still need to do the downstairs)
11. Send European vacation photos to Winkflash to get printed so I can start working on the photo album. Half Check (we transferred them into jpg's and got them onto my computer ... now I need to sort them and send them off to Winkflash)

Wow, I'm impressed with myself. And on top of all this I got our bedroom clean and bathroom and kitchen scrubbed. It was quite the productive day ... and yet relaxing, oddly enough.

No comments: