My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

14 May 2008

finally a few pictures

Well, we're finally home. Its crazy how fast the last 17 days flew by. Feels like just a wink of the eye, a snap of the fingers, a bullet train in Japan (sorry, I was running out of metaphors ... and I'm still on some kind of Europe time, which means my body feels like its 1 or 2 or 3 in the morning right now (depending on if I'm on Dublin, Prague or Vienna time), and I sat on a plane all day and watched 3 1/2 movies, and subsisted on airplane food (which actually wasn't that bad) so my brain is a little bit mush ... please bear with me).

We arrived home about 2 hours ago, and since then we've started laundry and unpacked a bit ... which was easy, since most everything got thrown in a pile on the kitchen floor waiting for its turn in the washer (yes, our washer/dryer is in the kitchen). And now the thing we're most anxious for (besides sleep, which my eyes are starting to demand rather loudly, but so far my brain has had the strength to deny) are pictures. We want to see our pictures! I've only had a chance to download the ones that were still on my camera from Prague and Vienna, so those are what you'll see below. And its only a few ... there will be more to come soon. You might not be as anxious as I to flip through them, but flip through them you will. And you will enjoy them.

See how tired I am? I'm starting to demand you enjoy my pictures from Europe. Perhaps now is a good time just to put the pictures up, and let the blog rest until tomorrow, when it can be approached with more alert and less aggressive behavior. Its the jet lag, I tell ya. I promise to be more amiable tomorrow.

Caleb and Heidi self-portrait, a square in Prague behind us (unknown Cathedral ... known Square, but at the moment my brain can't remember which...)

Caleb and Heidi in Prague, the city behind us. Isn't it pretty? (Yes, I got a bit sunburned ... hadn't counted on such warm weather, but we sure enjoyed it!)

Caleb at Shonbrunn Palace in Vienna. We actually really enjoyed our time in Shonbrunn, despite the apparent look of irritation on my husband's face.

Another self-portrait, this time in Laab im Walde, the small village we stayed in outside Vienna.

1 comment:

avallak said...

That looks like Old Town Square. The church reflected in your sunglasses appears to be the one we sang in while in Prague.