My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

09 April 2008

goodbye and congratulations

On Sunday we had a party for my cousin's husband Jason, soon leaving for his second 7-month tour in Iraq. He's been in the Marine reserves since just after 9/11, ready and willing to serve his country in whatever way he could. However, quite honestly, he was hoping he wouldn't have to go back. And just two months before his discharge date, he was called up again. He's anxious to leave, to get the process started, so he can come home. Why is he anxious to get home? Because his wife, my cousin Rachel, is pregnant! They've waited a long time for this happy news, and should everything go according to schedule, he'll be home before his first baby is born. Pray with me for both Jason and Rachel as they endure the next 7 months separated.

Here's a few pictures from the afternoon ....

Aunt Jean, Amy Beth, Sister-in-Law Rachel.

Rachel and me. (Sing the song with me ... "Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters ....)

Lincoln, unhappily strapped to a regular chair. He didn't last long in this seat.

Brother Jon, telling stories.

Cousin Ben (and Lincoln's dad).

Caleb the Younger (Ben's son).

Heidi and the finally-pregnant Rachel!

Jason, Heidi and Caleb (Uncle Dave in the background.)

No comments: