I think I mentioned a while back that I'd started a knitting project for my mom for her birthday that I simply started to late to actually have finished by her birthday (which was Feb. 20). Well, I finally finished it! It took me 5-6 weeks to get it done. That may seem like a long time, but I was also learning how to knit lace as I went along, so there was a lot of stopping and starting, as well as just some extremely slow, complete-concentration-necessary knitting. Here's the final story, in pictures.
It took me a good week to get this much done, as I was learning the pattern and fighting such tiny yarn and needles. I was also extremely afraid of making a mistake, because I would have had to take the WHOLE thing apart and start completely over, as it was impossible to find my place after ripping out only one row of stitches.
The finished project, before I'd blocked it.
The wrap after I'd washed it. It looks so tiny all balled up there in my blue sink.
Blocking involves washing the garment, and then pinning it to a surface for drying in the shape you want it. The wrap grew by about 50% during this process, as I was able to stretch it out to really show off the pattern knitted.
Mom wearing her finished wrap.
Happy Birthday Mom!