My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

04 April 2008

hats galore

I've been making lots of hats, hoping a few of them turn out fabulous enough to take with me on our trip to Europe. I imagine its going to be cold there, and I'll want one every day, so variety is vital. Here are just a few that I've finished recently ....

I still want to make a big flower to sew on to the side of this one.

I didn't make the brim QUITE long enough on this one, so as you can see, I have to be careful how high I roll it up.

I had to make this one twice, as the first one came out WAY too big. Its still teensy bit big, but its super comfy and soft yarn. It'll also be perfect when we're in Ireland, the Emerald Isle.

This is my favorite I've made, mostly just because its the softest most wonderful yarn I've ever used. And would you believe its bamboo? Bamboo yarn. Who'd'a thunk?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the style of the first one and with a flower added it should be really cute. You are a knitting machine!

Love ya, Mom Dub