My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

21 February 2008

True Love

This year on Valentine's Day my sister, her boyfriend, my husband and I cooked dinner and took it to my grandparents' house in La Mirada. As some of you may know, my grandma has been slowly but surely recovering from major surgery she had before Thanksgiving. These days she's doing much better than she was, but loving on her lately has been a favorite pasttime for all her kids/grandkids/great-grandkids, etc. And so it seemed like a no-brainer to spend Valentine's evening with them.

Hans and Amy. They've been dating for over a year ...

Me and Caleb. We've been married almost two years, and look forward to the next 60 together.

Grandma had set the table the day before, and it was beautiful! I have eaten meals at this very table, in this very same location, my entire life. It just might be the happiest and most comfortable table at which I ever enjoy a meal. My favorite memories are high school, when ever Wednesday night was "Grandkid night" at Gma and Gpa's. My cousins, my siblings, and various friends were always gathered around the table for dinner, but more importantly for lots of laughter and good times.



Grandma and Grandpa. Last year they celebrated 60 years of marriage, and to me, these two are the picture of true love. Not only are they still together, they're still in love. They love each other, they still each have a deep relationship with God, they love their family, and still consider it a privilege to teach and instruct as opportunity arises. They are the picture of wisdom, the pursuit of righteousness and Godliness, and what it means to be faithful. They're two of the most amazing people I know, and I truly consider it a privilege to be called family.

No comments: