My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

20 February 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is the anniversary of my mom's 16th birthday (just WHICH anniversary will remain a secret). Since today is a mid-week weekday, and it would have been hard to gather the masses to celebrate today, we celebrated on Sunday. It was a spectacular Hammer family gathering, which is usually all Mom really wants for her birthday. Enjoy the pix.

These napkins were left over from my Grandpa Hammer's birthday celebration a while back ... and my brother and I both thought they were HILARIOUS. Mom didn't think so.

Here we are, with our hodge-podge fajita meal. I brought the onions and peppers, David cooked up the fajita meat Dad had bought, Amy took care of sour cream, guacamole and chips, Jon and Julie did the rice and beans, David remembered tortillas ... and at the last minute I remembered cheese (so we brought what we had, which was cheddar slices ... it worked). It was a great meal!

Dad's fabulous wrapping job.

Mom's cake (er, brownies). Just 16 candles ... for the anniversary of her 16th birthday.

Happy Birthday Mom!


P.S. I had felt pretty bad about not getting to knitting something for my mom for Christmas, so I decided to make up for it for her birthday. Unfortunately, the project I picked turned out to be WAY over my head, and took me hours and hours just to get this far! (See picture below.) So I gave it to her partly finished, hoping to finally have it done in just another month or so.


No comments: