My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

11 February 2008

this and that

Favorite headline of the day: Fake sugar may be worse than real thing. (Heidi's response: Duh.)

Yesterday I shrank my absolute favorite sweater in the wash. I fumed for quite some time at my own idiocy. And today I'm wearing it, in sheer defiance of the shrinkage.

Today, the only remnant of my cold is an annoying runny nose. Its nice to be almost totally well again.

Most encouraging weekend discovery: I lost a pound and a half last week, despite only making it to the gym once. Its quite possible I'm actually learning even better eating habits.

Tonight is Chinese New Year-themed bunco at Darcy's house. I'm looking forward to it.

Despite a couple weeks passing since the rains, the snow-covered mountains have managed to keep the smog away, and their beauty can still be seen!

I really need to get the sap off my car before it hardens beyond the point of easy removal (a point I'm afraid has already passed).

My husband and I managed to never turn on the TV yesterday, instead filling our time reading, working on photos, knitting, napping, etc. It was lovely.

Happy Monday. May your week be filled with extraordinary ordinariness.

No comments: