My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

28 January 2008

the weather

I love the rain. For the past week and a half or so, it has been cold and rainy, meaning I've been reveling in the weather. Its allowed me to wear wool sweaters without getting too hot, actually USE the waterproof-ness of my waterproof jacket, and sleep extra well all cozy under the covers. Its perfect soup weather, of which I've eaten much, and good cuddle-on-the-couch-and-watch-a-movie weather. It happens also to be great-excuse-to-skip-the-early-morning-gym-workout weather, and so I missed two work outs last week. But we so seldom get this weather, I've decided not to regret those early morning decisions to heed the call of the weather and stay in bed.

This morning Garth Kemp on Channel 7 said we've had more rain in the last week than we got in all of 2007 ... and we're already 5 inches ahead of normal. So I'm also excited for Southern California and the much-needed drenching.

Also, if you happened to see the mountains in Saturday, during our moments of clear skies, you had yourself a chance for an absolutely spectacular, once-in-a-decade vision of snow covered San Gabriels. It was beautiful. Caleb took pictures, and I'll be sure to share them with you when I get a copy. It really was spectacular.

Yay for weather!

No comments: