My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

21 December 2007

Merry Christmas!

Today is my last day of work for nine whole days! Tonight Caleb and I are taking ourselves out to dinner, and then we're going to a neighborhood in Brea where, reportedly, the house lights and decorations are a thing to behold. It should be a GREAT way to start off the holiday week. Tomorrow we finish wrapping presents and cleaning the house for guests. Then tomorrow night we have Caleb's work party, including a show with the Rockettes and a fancy dinner afterward. Sunday we head up to the Westons for our Christmas celebration there ... dinner Sunday night and Christmas presents with family on Monday morning. Monday evening we head to Pasadena for Christmas Eve service at my Uncle Bob's church, then dinner with family.

And then its Christmas!!! (Sometimes my excitement still matches that of my once-five-year-old self.)

Christmas morning Caleb and I have to ourselves, which I'm very excited about. Then we head up to my parents' around 10:30 for brunch and gifts and lots of good family time. Christmas evening my cousin and his wife have invited all the family over for games and more snacks.

Then on Wednesday we head to San Diego for a Lindley family reunion! I have been looking forward to this since the summer. My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in August, and to celebrate have paid for a weekend getaway with the whole family! We have family coming from Colorado, Virginia, and even China, to be there. I love my big, loud, raucous family, and can't wait for a few days spent together playing games, talking, catching up, and probably lots more eating.

Things will finally slow down on Saturday, when we'll be back home. Caleb has the following week off work, but I'll be back at it on New Year's Eve. I don't really mind actually, a week out of my routine is usually about all I can handle. There are no plans yet for New Year's Eve, but family will still be in town and I imagine there will be more getting-together that must be had.

So, if you don't hear from me in the next 10 days or so, please don't be alarmed! I'm reveling in family fun, new presents, and recovering from eating too much.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments: