My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

06 November 2007

word of the day

I've long known this word exists, but whenever I try to recall it in conversation, I forget it. Today I came across it again, and decided that today it will be the word of the day. Let's all try to use it at least once in conversation today. Its the best way to remember it later.

Word: Circadian

Most Common Use: Circadian Rhythm

Dictionary Definition:
noting or pertaining to rhythmic biological cycles recurring at approximately 24-hour intervals.

Wikipedia Definition:
A circadian rhythm is a roughly-24-hour cycle in the physiological processes of living beings, including plants, animals, fungi and cyanabacteria. The term "circadian", coined by Franz Halberg, comes from the Latin circa, "around", and diem or dies, "day", meaning literally "about a day." The formal study of biological temporal rhythms such as daily, weekly, seasonal, and annual rhythms, is called chronobiology.

No comments: