My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

15 October 2013

doctors doctors doctors

I've always been a fairly healthy person. Besides my ob/gyn, whom I only ever saw during my pregnancies, I can't remember the last time I needed to see a doctor for anything. 


But now ... Between the last two weeks and this one, I'll have been to a doctor or medical technician of some kind at least eight times. Ultrasounds, mammograms, MRIs, biopsies, consultations, and even one called gene counseling (I guess my bad genes had that coming - I think it's even court-ordered.)

So far, I don't really mind. First, we needed a correct and detailed diagnosis. And now I have a bazillion questions that only the doctors can answer. So oddly enough, tomorrow I'm looking forward to meeting with the plastic surgeon and the medical oncologist. And thanks to a MOST generous friend, I don't even have to worry about the copay. I can just go, get my information and answers, and not worry about anything else. 

On that note, I have been so extremely overwhelmed by the amount of support Caleb and I have already received. Just knowing so many of you are out there supporting us, praying for us, and ready to help when we need it, is an encouragement I can't even quantify. I am overwhelmed (in a good way), perhaps even more than I am overwhelmed by my diagnosis and the journey looming before me. Thank you all!

No comments: