My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

29 April 2011

don't judge me


I admit it. I recorded the royal wedding. And this morning when Ella and I got up, we watched it. It was like watching a movie, all that pomp and circumstance. The outfits, the carriages, the horses, the cathedral and palace, the hats! It really is a modern fairy tale. The handsome prince and the common but beautiful girl. (Though just between you and me, I think Harry is actually the better looking prince). The ceremony was beautiful. The congregation sung hymns, there was a reading from Romans 12, and the pastor (priest?) gave a Biblically sound message I could agree with. And of course, Kate's dress was stunning, as was her sister's. In fact, Pippa almost created as much buzz with her dress as Kate. In the audience there were enough ridiculous hats for a ... well, for a royal wedding! I think that's a tradition America should adopt. How awesome would it be for it to be proper to leave the house wearing a bunch of feathers piled on my head!? Totally awesome. Anyway, if you weren't one of the 2 billion witnessing royal history, I'm not ashamed to say you missed out!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I watched it too. 3 hours of sitting on the couch, totally inthralled, thinking, "This is so cool! We have nothing like this in America." I tried to explain to Jason about the carriages, hundreds of thousands of people, abbey, music, horses, hats, Kate's dress and all the history of the monarchy. I think he just thought I was silly. I'm glad to know someone else agrees with me...you. (and I agree with you - Harry is definitely better looking.)