My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

19 February 2011

model behavior


Today is my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. In a day and age when marriage is taken somewhat lightly, and long-lasting marriages are becoming mythical and seemingly unattainable, I applaud my parents for their amazing example of the true meaning of wedded bliess. Not only are they still married, but they're still in love. Josie thinks its hilarious when they kiss in the kitchen or give each other a hug when my dad gets home from work. But what an important kind of laugh that is! A child finds so much security in a strong relationship between her parents. My parents did that for me, and I look forward to doing that for my own kids. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! And thanks for the awesome example.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell them congratulations from Pam and Bob.