My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

22 September 2010

this and that

Yesterday's creative Starbucks spelling of my name: Hidie. You'd think the fame of folks like Heidi Klum would have helped clear up the regular mispelling of my name ... but no.

- - - - -

Did I ever mention that Baby Weston #2 is a girl? I don't think I have ... on account of good intentions of scanning the ultrasound picture to go with the announcement ... which I've never actually gotten around to. Sorry for the oversight. Her name will be Eleanor Jean Louise Weston. "Jean" and "Louise" are her grandma's middle names. It'll be great fun having so many names to yell when she's in trouble. We'll call her Ella for short. She's due Dec. 20, and we're starting to get pretty excited for her arrival!

- - - - -

I love how widespread country music has become. The other day I was irritated with whatever irritating song they had playing on country radio, so I switched to a modern pop station, and found Taylor Swift singing. Other times I've found Rascall Flatts, Tim McGraw or Faith Hill exercising their pipes on mainstream stations. It's nice I don't have to sit through "She thinks my tractor's sexy" or my current most hated song "God is Great, Beer is Good" to get to the better music.

- - - - -

When we got home from vacation (at 4 a.m. Sunday morning), we discovered the refrigerator had decided to quit. We don't think it had quit too long before we got home, as stuff in the freezer was still really cold and it didn't smell too bad. However, after some tests, we confirmed it was indeed kaput. So last night Caleb and I cleaned out everything that was spoiled (which was pretty much everything) and left the doors open to air it out a bit. The stench isn't too bad, but bad enough to need a breather. Mom and Dad get home on Saturday, at which time they will decide what to do. In the meantime, we're camping at home by still "refrigerating" with the ice chest. At least we don't have to pay $.50 to shower.

- - - - -

Can you believe today is the first day of Fall? It feels like it today, as its only 71 outside, but it won't this weekend, when temps are supposed to pass 90. But the heat is supposed to be short-lived, and my ever-growing belly is grateful for that. We're supposed to be back in the mid-70s by next week.

- - - - -

The baby in my belly has stolen my ankles. And my knuckles. And continuous night's sleep. Not to mention my waist, bits of my memory, and the ability to do intricate hand work. When my fingers stay crunched up for too long, they go numb! Its a horrible trick on such an avid knitter and crocheter. Poor Ella, already in trouble.

- - - - -

Today I downloaded a new ringtone: the Knight Rider TV show theme song. Speaking of Michael Knight, can you believe The Hoff was the first "star" kicked off Dancing With The Stars!!? I thought for sure his popularity and self-depracating nature would keep him going longer. Oh well. Do you think they'll ever get William Shatner on that show? I might actually watch it if they did.

- - - - -

Stay tuned for some of the best news yet ...

No comments: