My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

01 January 2010

goals for 2010

With a new year comes the inevitable feelings of a fresh start and the unstoppable need to make some goals for the coming months. Here are mine.

I've always wanted to get my Masters degree, so I think I'll do that this year. Might as well get my PhD while I'm at it, and write that book that will of course debut on the New York Times Besteller list at #1, both the fiction and non-fiction lists.

I will climb the remaining California fourteeners (I think I still have about 9 or 10 left to climb), and I will get started on Colorado's. It would be silly to plan to climb all of Colorado's in the same year ... the travel time makes it simply unrealistic.

I will teach Josephine to read by the time she's 1.

We want three more kids, so I think I'll have those this year.

I will read a book a week, finally getting to the classics I've been meaning to read (Anna Karenina, War and Peace, The Brothers Karamazov and the complete Sherlock Holmes anthology).

................................................................

OK ... so maybe these goals are a little ambitious. I should probably focus on Caleb finding a job, helping Josephine through her teething, losing my baby weight and finding our own new place to live by Christmas next year. Though my year may not be filled with grand adventures of higher education and higher mountains, I do look forward to watching my baby grow, seeing my husband find a job he's passionate about and relaxing in the knowledge that God has everything under control.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

melanie said...

Haha. You're awesome.