My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

11 July 2009

a new swing

On Wednesday, July 8th, my office threw us a 'welcome Josie' party. We felt so honored, and Josie was welcomed with open arms by all. We were also given the gift of a swing, which has turned out to be our newest most necessary possession. See the video at the bottom of this post for a visual of why. Thanks to everyone at Kemp Financial Management and Newcastle Financial Advisors for the great blessing of the party and the gift!

Caleb, Josie and I, with her new swing (boss Tim in the background)

Enjoying lunch from Lascari's. Mmmmm ....

My boss Tim, helping Josie get the rest of her lunch.

And here's Josie thoroughly enjoying her new swing. I love how she sleeps with her hands up like that ... like she's warding off anyone who might dare disturb her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think your boss can babysit when you go back to work? He looks like a natural!

Mom Dub

Heidi Stokke said...

Heidi, she is as cute as a button. Hans used to sleep the same way, always best in a carrier, propped up with his hands in 'conductor' pose:)