My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

26 July 2009

gotta start somewhere

I haven't been this out of shape or in need of losing weight in ... I think forever. I used to climb 14,000-foot mountains! And now a half-hour walk leaves me winded and sore for two days. But you gotta start somewhere, right? So I'm trying not to be discouraged, and think of being able to walk 35 minutes next time as progress ... however slow it might be. Next time I decide to be pregnant, I'm going to try and do a teensy bit more exercise, just so I'm not so miserably far behind after the baby comes. Just wait, I'll reach my goal two days before I find out I'm pregnant again. I just want to be able to enjoy the hard work of getting into shape a little longer than that ...

On another note ... my cousin Molly had her baby yesterday! That's two down, two to go for the extended Lindley family in 2009. After my cousin Joy has her baby (due Christmas day) the Lindleys will have produced six babies in 16 months (Madeleine, Sophia, Josephine, Vienna, baby boy Elwood, and baby Domingo). And who knows who will announce another pregnancy before year's end! Family reunions are going to start getting loud (well, loudER).

John and Molly Swanson on the 4th of July. Their baby girl was born last night at 10:00 (July 25). Her name is Vienna Joyce Swanson. Please pray for them, as Vienna is spending the first 48 hours of her life in the NICU, and Molly can't nurse or even hold her until they release her. Everything should be fine then, but UNTIL then, its killing John and Molly not to have her with them.

No comments: