My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

25 June 2009

new skills

Ah, the things my baby is teaching me ...

... to live life one-handed. I can make breakfast, start the laundry, go up and down the stairs, take care of the dog, all with a baby in one hand.

... to live life perpetually tired, and somehow still manage to make breakfast, shower, make lunch, watch TV, answer the phone, and occasionally make trips to exciting places like Target and the mall.

... to get up 2-3 times a night for an hour and not even cry about it (most of the time).

... to get better and better at swaddling.

... to relax about all the things I CAN'T get done ... like buy Father's Day cards, clean my house, change the sheets on my bed, wash my car and fix the tail light, stop watching too much TV.

... and perhaps most importantly, that I CAN take care of an infant, and I can find myself absolutely in love with her ... despite my not being a "kid person." Who knew babies could be so much fun!?

No comments: