My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

25 August 2008

carpets and bocce ball

Last Sunday our dog ate an entire box of chocolate ... and then proceeded to throw it up all over the house. Consequently, we had several large brown stains slowly setting in our rugs and carpet that needed a desperate deep clean. So this Saturday we rented a Rug Doctor carpet cleaner from Lowe's and deep cleaned our carpets. They look pretty good and I'm actually quite impressed with us. Some of that chocolate will never fully come out, but at least they're now blending in with the rest of the stains on that decades-old white carpet. (I still don't understand the decision to put in white carpet.)


Amy's Birthday


We celebrated my sister's birthday on Sunday with lunch and a couple rousing matches of bocce ball at the park. She turns 26 on Wednesday, and Rachel and I are taking her to the spa for the day. But the birthday celebrations began early (as birthday celebrations always should).

Grandpa found a nice seat on a tree.

Grandpa, me, Amy, Dad, Rachel, David, Hans, Caleb

Some calls were almost too close to make.



Amy's cake, adorned with pictures of her when she was young and one from a couple years ago.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So fun, we love bocce ball, maybe we should organize a game some time! :)