My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

03 July 2008

the first Hammer baby shower

Last Saturday the Lindley women headed down to San Diego for a baby shower for my sister-in-law Julie. She and my brother are having the first Hammer grandbaby! Its all very exciting. A couple months ago we found out its going to be a girl, and on Saturdy we learned the name they'd picked out .... Madeleine. So cute!! She's due at the end of August, so it was definitely time to throw a party and shower the new parents with lots of presents. Here are the highlights:

Julie ... cutest pregnant woman I've known.

The cake, baked and designed by my cousin Lauren.

Lunch out on the patio at my Aunt Jean's.

Presents!

The quilt my mom made.

A baby bathing suit.

The blanket I made.

The Hammer girls (Mom, Amy, Julie, me). (Rachel couldn't make it, she was in Washington.)

Liana models a new bath towel.

Embellished onesies by Amy. I think Julie likes it.

1 comment:

km said...

It's a good thing this baby is being loved with handmade gifts.