My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

27 June 2008

a few pictures

I've recently gotten myself into the habit of photographing EVERYTHING. Not long ago Caleb got a new camera, so I inherited the old one ... and its SO MUCH BETTER than my little point-and-shoot I was using. The superior quality of the new camera has just left me trigger happy. So here's a few pictures of projects and gifts and flowers, all begging to be shared with the masses ...

I started AND finished this dishcloth in one night (practically).

This picture's a little dark, but these are roses on the rosebush Caleb and I adopted a few weeks ago. Though the flower is beautiful, I picked out this particular rose because of its fragrance ... these flowers practically demand that you stop and smell them.

This is the gift my sister made for me for my birthday. Its to hold all my circular knitting needles (which were starting to take over the living room, slowly but surely, kind of like a wirey blob). I LOVE THIS GIFT!

As you can see, the needles slip through the pockets, helping the wire hold its shape and the needles to hang harmlessly from the holder. So brilliant. (You can see how my collection was starting to get out of hand.)

The finest touch of this project is the personalization ... Amy hand embroidered my knitting nickname "The Furious Knitter" onto the front of the needle holder. Its so awesome!

These are the two dishcloths I recently received from my dishcloth swap partner. She even designed the Angels "A" for the brown one. So cool!

These are most of the rest of the goodies my swap partner sent ... which arrived on my birthday. So awesome. Thank you!!

No comments: