My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

24 February 2008

at the Getty

Because of various scheduling conflicts, Caleb and I put off our Valentine's celebration until yesterday (only a week and a half after the actual day). It turned out to be pretty good timing actually ... the rain and the Oscars kept most people home.

We started our day with a fancy homemade breakfast (homemade by Caleb, complete with banana pancakes, eggs and sausage, sparkling cider and hot chocolate). We left the house around 11 and headed out to Santa Monica for an afternoon at the Getty Center. We left there around 4 and headed for the pier. After some walking around in the cold we went to the restaurant where Caleb had made reservations ... about 30 minutes early ... and spent a lovely evening chatting and eating fantastic Italian dishes. It was a fabulously relaxing day out on the town with only each other for company ... perhaps my best Valentine's Day yet.

At the entrance to the Getty

We headed down to the lookout when we first arrived ... it was cold and windy

After we spent some time perusing paintings, we took a break from the cold weather in the cafe. Caleb had a cookie and a Cherry Coke ....

.... while I had a cookie and a cup of what Grandma told me was some of the best coffee So Cal has to offer.

Caleb got in trouble from one of the docents for using the flash for this picture (which of course cracked me up ... getting in trouble from a museum docent). It wasn't really fair though ... he didn't realize the flash had gotten turned back on, he was using my camera, with which he's unfamiliar, and if anybody knows not to use flashes with delicate ancient art, its Caleb. So he didn't need the lecture that ensued. I enjoyed the incident immensely.

I want this chandelier for my house. The glass bowl at the bottom was meant for goldfish!

And I want this bed. Its ridiculous.

On our way out we walked out to the main Getty Center sign for another self-portrait.

A seagull, waiting for the sun to set.

We got too cold and hungry waiting for the sun to set, so this is the last I saw of it before we headed inside for dinner.

No comments: