My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

09 December 2007

Christmas Music, part 10

This happens to be another album I don't actually own, only two songs from which I've heard. But, again, they're two of my favorite Christmas songs, and somewhat unexpected, which makes them extra fun.

The first is "Gabriel's Message," by Sting. The second is "Baby Please Come Home," by U2. And I love them both so much I had to download them.
This particular red cover is Volume I, released in 1990, in what is right now a five-volume series of "A Very Special Christmas" albums. I also have a version of "I Saw Three Ships" by Sting, which is found on Volume III. I don't know much about what's on the rest of these albums, but I can give you a sampling of what you'd hear.

Volume I also includes Whitney Houston singing "Do You Hear What I Hear?", Bob Seger singing "The Little Drummer Boy," and Stevie Nicks singing "Silent Night."
On Volume II you'll hear Jon Bon Jovi sing "Please Come Home For Christmas," Wilson Phillips singing "Silent Night," Randy Travis singing "Jingle Bell Rock," and Boyz II Men singing "The Birth of Christ." Volume III you'll hear The Smashing Pumpkins sing "Christmastime," Dave Matthews does "The Christmas Song," and Tracy Chapman sings "O Holy Night" (that would be interesting). Volume IV is a live album, including the same artists singing the same songs from the first three volumes. And Volume V brings Jon Bon Jovi back singing "Blue Christmas" (a song I personally detest), and I don't really even recognize any of the other singers.

Anyway, there's some potential on these albums for some great songs, but I'd start with the three I know and love.

No comments: