My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

28 November 2007

negative calories

Wouldn't it be great if your body took into account all the foods you COULD have eaten, but didn't? I am daily tempted by things like office birthday cake, the M&M's dispenser, the stock of soda in the fridge, more creamer for my coffee, chips instead of fruit with my sandwich, the frozen pizza instead of chicken and broccoli for dinner. And yet I choose to exercise great restraint, which is very unlike me when it comes to my sweet tooth. Sometimes the most difficult part of my day is NOT eating something I want. And I just think these moments of hard-won victory should count toward the overall goal of weight loss. I want those 300 calories I DIDN'T eat to equal 30 minutes of cardio workout ... or maybe some push ups ... even a brisk walk.

I'm just having one of those days where I feel the need to complain about how HARD losing weight can be! Honestly, a small handful of M&M's can throw off my entire week's goal. Which I don't get, because they're so small ... surely an M&M has no calories. How do they fit in there??

OK, I'm done whining, which I'd have had some cheese with, but I'm stronger than that.

No comments: