My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

21 October 2007

Day 3 in FL

Today I got to spend some good time with some old friends. In college I had two amazing girlfriends whose friendships will always be dear to me. One of them is Darcy, who moved to Orlando eight years ago. And so its seldom we get a chance to get together and catch up ... but today we had that chance. She and her husband Brent met me for lunch by 1:00, after church, and we spent the next four hours talking, catching up, and eating ice cream.

Me on Brent and Darcy's patio. We tried catching the downpour in the picture, but it turned out a bit hard to capture. But trust me, it was POURING.

This is Darcy with their dog Dexter. Dexter is a a 130-pound Labrador Retriever. He's HUGE, but so well-behaved, he's great to have around.

Brent and Darcy.

Heidi and Darcy.

1 comment:

Brent and Darcy said...

Heidi,

Brent and I had such a great time hanging out with you! It was just like old times seeing you again. It's funny how once you know someone really well, it's easy to get back to that special place with them. I'm so glad we got to spend time with you today and hope that we'll get to see you again real soon. Love, Darcy (for Brent, too) :)