My Journey through Breast Cancer

On October 11, 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage II Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC) ... or as we like to call it, extreme measures for a nap (EMFN). For a while, this blog will be my cancer journal. Enter at your own risk.

19 September 2007

welcome Amy Beth!

Back on July 6, 2007, my cousin Joel got married in Pennsylvania. He married Amy Beth. They went on their honeymoon, and a couple weeks later, they moved to Southern California. Joel has been hired at EV Free in Fullerton to work with the 8th grade class, and he's also starting school at Talbot this Fall. Amy is a teacher and already working with 2nd graders.

The Lindley family decided long ago to throw Amy her traditional Lindley family bridal shower after they moved here. That way she would be able to come! So, although it was 2 months after the wedding, we gathered at my mom's house on a Sunday afternoon for food, fun and laughter ... and most importantly, to welcome Amy Beth to the family.

One of the fun additions to this shower was the inclusion of my Aunt Joan (Joel's mom, my mom's sister) all the way from Virginia! Caleb got my computer set up for a computer chat complete with sound and video. Though it took Aunt Joan and I a while to get everything working, we finally did. And she was able to join in the games and the laughter and the fun. I know that was a real treat for her.

Lindley and Liana chatting with Aunt Joan.

No comments: